Location: Remote from any of these countries: Kenya, the Netherlands, Switzerland and United Kingdom and United States (NY east coast time zone).
Positions: 1 in either of the above countries
Salary: US $100,000 per annum paid in local currency.
This is a full-time, remote position. Exempt for overtime purposes if in the U.S
Who We Are
Co-Impact is a global organization that supports locally-rooted coalitions in Africa, Asia and Latin America to transform key systems at scale, with a core focus on advancing gender equality and women’s leadership. We bring together funders from around the world to partner with initiatives that are working to improve education, health, and economic opportunity for millions of people by addressing the root causes of social inequities so that systems work better for everyone. For more information, please visit www.co-impact.org and read our Handbook.
Where You Fit
Reporting to the Associate Director, Communications, as the Digital Communications Manager you will be responsible for the design, content, and effective measurement of our digital channels.
The Digital Communications Manager should ideally have a passion for and proven track record of engaging audiences in an ever-evolving digital ecosystem through websites, social media, and other channels. In this role, they will have the opportunity to flex their strategic, creative content production and technical skills. They will lead on the development and delivery of Co-Impact’s digital communications strategy, with a focus on creating compelling content that works across multiple platforms, and effectively engages our target audiences online.
They will work closely with other members of the Communications team to shape Co-Impact’s online identity and ensure that our brand and messaging is consistent across all digital channels. The Digital Communications Manager will also have the opportunity to work with Program Partners to amplify their stories and ensure that their work to drive systems change and gender equality is conveyed in a nuanced, thoughtful, and equitable way.
- Develop and execute a digital communications strategy that aligns with Co-Impact's overall communications goals, including paid digital marketing.
- Lead on the refresh of our website in close partnership with our web designers.
- Create and curate engaging, audience-centric content for Co-Impact's website and social media channels.
- Frame complex topics and concepts like systems change in a way that is simple and compelling for our online audiences.
- Shape Co-Impact’s digital identity and build a community or space for our partners and allies to come together.
- Manage social media channels to engage existing and new followers, build relationships, and drive traffic to Co-Impact's website or other relevant resources.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in digital marketing, content creation, and social media and lead on making strategic recommendations for Co-Impact.
- Monitor and report on the performance of digital channels, including making recommendations on how we should adapt our plans in line with performance data.
Essential Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in digital content creation and social media management.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in social media platforms and tools.
- Experience with paid social media advertising.
- Experience with video production and graphic design.
- Experience using content management systems (CMS), in particular WordPress.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or any related field.
- Bi-lingual in English and/or another language.
- Experience working in global development, especially in philanthropy or gender equality.
- Experience in embedding diversity, equity, and inclusion within communications, including inclusive storytelling.
Co-Impact’s compensation philosophy is guided by the following three principles:
- Equity and Fairness: Our approach to compensation and benefits are designed to ensure that our global team is treated equitably regardless of location and without regard to gender, race, or nationality.
- Transparency: We want Co-Impact’s employees to understand our salary structure and to feel confident that they are paid equitably, and potential job applicants to have an understanding of how the role for which they are applying will be compensated.
- Accountability: As stewards of the philanthropic resources entrusted to us so that we can support our program partners, we are accountable to our donors and our board, to our staff, and to the general public.
In accordance with that philosophy, we include the salary for each position in our job postings; to ensure equity within the organization and for all candidates, we will not negotiate salary or benefits. The salary for this role is US $100,000 per year paid in local currency plus a generous benefits package, including a significant allowance for paid time off.
Please apply online HERE by submitting a resume and a one-page cover letter. In your cover letter, please confirm that you are authorized to live and work in any of the countries we operate in. Because we are a small team, we regret that we can only respond to applicants selected for an interview. We also regret that we are unable to participate in informational calls prior to interviews. Thank you for your understanding.