Location: India (City to be Decided) – team works remotely
Co-Impact is a global philanthropic collaborative that supports locally rooted coalitions in the Global South to transform underlying systems and achieve impact at scale, with a core focus on advancing intersectional gender equality and women’s leadership. We bring together funders from around the world to invest in initiatives that are working to improve education, health, and economic opportunity for millions of women, men, and children, addressing underlying conditions that perpetuate social inequities so that systems better serve everyone. Building on our experience to date, as well as that of civil society, government, market actors, and philanthropic partners, we are now developing a second fund focused on advancing gender-equitable systems change at scale and women’s leadership globally. For more information, please visit www.co-impact.org and take a look at our Handbook.
Co-Impact currently operates as a fiscally sponsored project of New Venture Fund (NVF). We are excited to announce the development of our second fund – the Gender Fund – to accelerate progress towards gender equality and women’s leadership. The new Fund aims to raise and deploy US $1 billion over the next decade to support predominantly women-led Global South organizations with the large, unrestricted, long-term, and flexible funding needed to transform systems to be more just and inclusive, advance women’s power, agency and leadership at all levels and shift harmful gender norms that prevent progress. Over the next year, Co-Impact will be changing its operating structure and spin out from NVF and build an independent institution. Consistent with that commitment, Co-Impact is building up its presence in India (city TBD) as well as in Nairobi, Kenya.
Where You Fit
As Program and Administrative Assistant, you will provide administrative, operational, and programmatic support to our Asia regional office team members including the Regional Director, Asia, Program Managers and other Program staff. The Program and Administrative Assistant will report to the Director (Asia). We are in the process of building out our Asia regional team and so this role requires high-level of flexibility and adaptability; and high level of ownership in delivering the objectives of the role. The ideal candidate must have significant experience of managing programs, grant operations and office administrative duties while juggling multiple tasks. Your role will work in collaboration with other members of the administrative support team to ensure the coordination of the team’s overall workflow.
As Program and Administrative Assistant, you will need to demonstrate excellent administrative and organizational skills, robust problem-solving skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a high level of personal initiative, and a kind and collaborative spirit and supportive approach, including the ability to work well in a distributed, diverse, deep-thinking, and fast-paced environment. You will also have demonstrated experience of managing administrative elements of grantmaking, with operational knowledge of a) local regulatory requirements necessary to be complied with, b) conducting financial due diligence exercises for potential and existing grants and c) institutional grant management systems. Overall, 50 percent of the candidate’s time is expected to be spent on team-administrative tasks with the balance being allocated to program and grant administration.
You bring a commitment to feminist values, gender equality, inclusion, and justice, and to enduring systems change at scale, as well as an abiding curiosity and humility and desire to learn. You are motivated by looking for root causes, seeking justice and solving social problems at the systems level and at scale.
As part of the Co-Impact team, core responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the Asia team with program administration tasks related to current and future grants, including conducting base-level due diligence exercise for each grant, tracking progress reports from grantee partners, analysing financial reports and highlighting areas of attention.
- Working with relevant teams within Co-Impact to ensure effective and efficient grant administration. The successful candidate will also support team members in completing internal reporting requirements in time.
- Assist the Asia regional office with administrative support such as calendar management, complex scheduling, drafting internal and external communications, coordination and logistics for important meetings/workshops/events, gathering and organizing briefing materials in advance of key meetings, helping as requested with expense reporting and travel arrangements, etc.
- Support and work with other assistants on the team to coordinate work across the regions, maintain the overall team calendar, including complex program and team-wide scheduling; as well as project management such as ensuring visible key points in the year; managing reminders for document review and key meetings; managing logistics for various program-related projects and special events, managing key milestones, and reporting requirements for ongoing grants, etc.
- Participate in ongoing reflection and improvements to Co-Impact’s approach and execution including our support model towards achieving shared goals.
- Supporting the Asia regional office team as needed, as well as participating in special projects as they arise.
- Other reasonable responsibilities as assigned by your manager.
- This role includes some travel (COVID permitting), including for periodic team meetings.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, and at least five years of relevant administrative experience.
- Demonstrated experience of independently handling grant administration tasks; with understanding of local compliances and regulatory frameworks for the effective management of grants and contracts.
- Demonstrated experience of managing office administration tasks including budgeting and accounting, IT management, travel management, scheduling, applying for Visas.
- Ability to manage events and gatherings.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office and other software tools (e.g., project management software, data base software, contact management systems, contract and grants management software) for managing a range of business process.
- Excellent listening and communication skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences.
- High level of self-motivation and at ease working autonomously when necessary.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to streamline, improve and innovate effective business processes and systems.
- Attentive to detail and ability to reliably stay on top of a range of tasks and projects.
- Professional and diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with program partners, donors, external partners and senior management, co-workers, and the general public; shows discretion in handling confidential material.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in a second or more languages strongly desired.
- Organization: Exceptional, proven ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and execute with high quality on a wide breadth of tasks, from multiple supervisors, of varying timelines and priority.
- Sound Analysis and Judgment: Ability to listen well, integrating gender analysis, evidence, and strong logical analysis, while seeing perspectives from different sides, resulting in strong recommendations and judgements based on values and principles balancing data, experience, and risk.
- Working with People: Experience contributing to and managing collaborative teams to work productively, effectively, and inclusively towards shared goals.
- Supporting Colleagues and Senior Leaders: History of thriving in a role where your success is highly dependent on your team's success, where your first responsibility is to provide outstanding leverage and support to your colleagues, including successfully and smoothly "managing upwards" by helping to guide and set-up things for your manager to be efficient and effective.
- Managing Action with Purpose and Values: Ability to work with colleagues and get things done in accordance with core purpose and values.
- Process Management and Results Orientation: Strong project management skills, deadline management, sense of responsibility and accountability, the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, adjust and adapt along the way.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Great at making and fostering relationships inside and outside the organization, keen intercultural appreciation, inclusive style, comfortable around senior leaders, can represent Co-Impact well.
- Learning Orientation: Humble and intellectually curious; seek and work with evidence, demonstrated openness to new ideas and a diversity of perspectives; unafraid to admit and learn from failure.
- Strong Moral Compass: Impeccable personal ethics and integrity, kind and caring.
- Proficiency with Core Business Tools: Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Communications: Exceptional ability to write and communicate ideas concisely and with clarity. Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Global Flexibility: Given global nature of organization working across time zones, a willingness to be flexible with working hours, work remotely and periodically undertake international travel (once COVID permits).
- Perspective: Sense of humour and ability not to take oneself too seriously
Salary & Benefits
This position is full-time. The annual salary will be $64,000 (to be paid in local currency i.e. INR) plus a generous benefits package including a significant allowance for paid time off.
We encourage you to apply early. We will start reviewing applications on Thursday, 12 May 2022; and the position will be closed once we have established a robust shortlist. Please apply here or submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested candidates are requested to submit brief resume/CV, a cover letter, and two samples of your writing. In your cover letter, please indicate your preferred city location, and if you are authorized to work in India.
Because we are a small team, we regret that we can only respond to applicants selected for an interview. We also regret that we are unable to participate in informational calls prior to interviews. Thank you for your understanding.